develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from August 2017

[perl #131984] Fix potential segfault from pp_sort.c

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
August 29, 2017 02:06
Subject:
[perl #131984] Fix potential segfault from pp_sort.c
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-7160-1503972388-1288.131984-15-0@perl.org
On Mon, 28 Aug 2017 22:41:29 GMT, jpl.jpl@gmail.com wrote:
> Attached is what perlbug left in my mail spool. Mail cannot be sent from my
> PC.

In the years since the individual tests in lib/sort.t were created, it's become customary to produce test output that explicitly states that we did not have a crash or segfault where previously we would have had one.

Hence, for the modifications for lib/sort.t I would prefer the '0002' patch I'm attaching to this RT.

Since we prefer spaces to hard tabs in newly added code, I have also reformatted one test block.

Please review.  Thank you very much.
--
James E Keenan (jkeenan@cpan.org)

---