develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from August 2017

Re: [perl #130958] inconsistent block/hash detection (again)

From:
Abigail
Date:
Re: [perl #130958] inconsistent block/hash detection (again)
Message ID:
20170824122958.GA29159@almanda.fritz.box
On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 07:05:34PM +0200, demerphq wrote:
> On 11 Jul 2017 00:22, "Zefram" <zefram@fysh.org> wrote:
>
> Ricardo Signes wrote:
> >I guess the reason I was surprised is that I don't know what the rule is,
> nor
> >could I find an explanation.
>
> The actual rule is hideous.  We shouldn't attempt to explain it; we should
> just document clearly how to force the interpretation ("+{" and "{;").
> We should also not make any change to the rule, for fear of breaking
> correct code.
>

> Hear hear. Abigail does this.

Only when Perl gets it wrong, of if I'm not sure Perl will get it right.

Abigail