develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2017

Re: [perl #128420] Changes in regex recursion in 5.24

From:
demerphq
Date:
May 2, 2017 19:24
Re: [perl #128420] Changes in regex recursion in 5.24
Message ID:
CANgJU+VOYfmy3Hd_k_Pz+XCFHu+LQUKiCHgxHesFo0NtLWibRw@mail.gmail.com
On 11 April 2017 at 12:36, Jan Goyvaerts <jg@jgsoft.com> wrote:
> demerphq wrote:

>> You want me to backport the patch?
>

> You can do whatever you think is best for the Perl community.  I just want
> to know what the plan is.
>
> I'm the developer of RegexBuddy which emulates the regex features in many
> applications and programming languages, including Perl 5.8 through 5.22.
> Basically, I need to decide whether to spend the time to make RegexBuddy
> emulate the buggy behavior in Perl 5.24 (or determine the situations in
> which the bug occurs and flag those as errors).

Rereading this thread I realized I did not comment on this, so i will now.

I would not emulate the buggy behavior.

> I've delayed supporting
> Perl 5.24 because I was under the impression that it was going to be fixed
> in Perl 5.24.1 which would render the effort of emulating it unnecessary.

The patches are now pushed to the maint branch, so the next release of
5.24 will have the fix in it.

Yves