develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from May 2017

Re: Concluding change to for upcoming 5.24.2 and 5.22.4

Thread Previous
Sawyer X
May 2, 2017 10:52
Re: Concluding change to for upcoming 5.24.2 and 5.22.4
Message ID:

On 05/01/2017 11:58 AM, Sawyer X wrote:
> On 04/27/2017 09:50 PM, Steve Hay wrote:
>> On 27 April 2017 at 20:18, Achim Gratz <> wrote:
>>> Steve Hay via perl5-porters writes:
>>>> (The long-awaited 5.24.3, containing the usual round-up of patches
>>>> from blead that are suitable for backporting to a maint release will
>>>> then follow soonish after that, although there is unfortunately quite
>>>> a backlog of backporting to get through now due to the delays in
>>>> resolving the @INC issues.)
>>> Do you have any insight on the planned timing of these releases (plus,
>>> perhaps the 5.26 release)?  I'm trying to figure out whether I should
>>> release 5.24 on Cygwin or can possibly wait for 5.26 to appear to avoid
>>> another mass rebuild of all distributions that Cygwin ships.
>> [...]
>> Sawyer is best to advise on timing plans for the 5.26 release.
> We have resolved to merging the changes without the additional
> tests and they will be added at a later phase.
> (I say "we," but the intense work on this was done by Aristotle.)
> This means that 5.24.2 (and 5.22.4) can be released once we secure our
> RCs, even prior to 5.26.0. Is there a reason it should after?

Aaand Steve corrects me.

We shouldn't release both 5.26.0 RCs along with other maint RCs because
it would make it harder to focus on when testing. I will work on
shipping RCs as quickly as I can. Hopefully we'll have fewer of those
and be able to make the official .0 release on the 20th. We could then
make room for 5.24.2 and 5.22.4.

I hope that's clearer. Thanks for the correction, Steve. :)

Thread Previous Perl Programming lists via nntp and http.
Comments to Ask Bjørn Hansen at | Group listing | About