develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2017

Re: Concluding change to for upcoming 5.24.2 and 5.22.4

Thread Previous | Thread Next
Steve Hay via perl5-porters
April 27, 2017 19:51
Re: Concluding change to for upcoming 5.24.2 and 5.22.4
Message ID:
On 27 April 2017 at 20:18, Achim Gratz <> wrote:
> Steve Hay via perl5-porters writes:
>> (The long-awaited 5.24.3, containing the usual round-up of patches
>> from blead that are suitable for backporting to a maint release will
>> then follow soonish after that, although there is unfortunately quite
>> a backlog of backporting to get through now due to the delays in
>> resolving the @INC issues.)
> Do you have any insight on the planned timing of these releases (plus,
> perhaps the 5.26 release)?  I'm trying to figure out whether I should
> release 5.24 on Cygwin or can possibly wait for 5.26 to appear to avoid
> another mass rebuild of all distributions that Cygwin ships.

I'm still waiting on work on the ap/baseincguard branch being
completed before 5.22.4/5.24.2 can be released. Realistically, that's
now unlikely to happen before 5.26.0 otherwise we will end up with
maint branches in an RC phase at the same time as the main .0 release,
which I promised last year to avoid doing again.

So I now hope they'll get released shortly after 5.26.0.

I don't know whether I'll still go ahead with the intended 5.24.3
after that or not. It would seem crazy not to since we still haven't
had a bug-fix release of 5.24 due to the length of time that the @INC
stuff has taken, but there may be no appetite for it once 5.26.0 is
out of the door -- it might make more sense by then to just focus on
not letting 5.26.1 slip too late itself.

Sawyer is best to advise on timing plans for the 5.26 release.

Thread Previous | Thread Next Perl Programming lists via nntp and http.
Comments to Ask Bjørn Hansen at | Group listing | About