develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2017

Re: Building Perl on Cygwin: /proc/curproc/exe

From:
Achim Gratz
Date:
April 27, 2017 19:14
Re: Building Perl on Cygwin: /proc/curproc/exe
Message ID:
87o9vh4q91.fsf@Rainer.invalid
Jan Dubois writes:
> I'm trying to look into CPAN Tester reports of the Win32 module failing on
> Cygin.  I cannot repro the issue with the Perl version included in Cygwin
> itself (5.22.2), so I tried to build my own.
>
> However, Configure always ends up hanging, for both 5.24.0 and 5.24.1:
>
> $ ./Configure -de 2>&1 | tee log.configure
> ./Configure: line 17194: /proc/curproc/exe: No such file or directory
>
> Any idea what I'm doing wrong/how to fix this?

[Current Cygwin Perl maintainer here.  Apparently my earlier answers to
this never made it past Gmane, so I'm trying again from perl.org which
seems to work.]

I have meanwhile built 5.24.1 for Cygwin as a test version with no
problems.  Have a look at the patches for Configure and also the patches
for the perl-Win32 on Cygwin (download the source packages).  If you
still have questions regarding Cygwin, let me know.

Regards,
Achim.