develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2017

Re: [perl #130467] Default perl builds to not include . in @INC(default_inc_excludes_dot)

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
April 18, 2017 16:24
Re: [perl #130467] Default perl builds to not include . in @INC(default_inc_excludes_dot)
Message ID:
20170418162432.GA25721@iabyn.com
On Sun, Mar 19, 2017 at 05:19:52PM -0700, James E Keenan via RT wrote:
> On Mon, 06 Mar 2017 14:22:16 GMT, jkeenan wrote:

> > > If I can get consensus, I'm totally cool with actioning this case
> > > (flipping default installs to not include . in @INC by default) on
> > > top
> > > of a merge of the CPAN.pm and Test::Harness changes already released
> > > to CPAN.
> > >
> > > Leon, it sounds like this is what you're suggesting?
> > >
> > > We could then submit patches to the ~3700 modules just as a courtesy.
> > >
> > > As for the shim on CPAN, I don't see that it would make sense, since
> > > anyone who needs this simply needs to bootstrap Module::Install to
> > > work around it.
> > >
> > > Todd
> >
> > We're at the point where, to go forward with this for perl-5.26.0, we
> > need to merge what we've got into blead so that we can do a monthly
> > dev release that can serve as the basis for CPANtesters to do a
> > complete traversal of CPAN.
> >
> > Who is going to do that?  When?
> >
> > Thank you very much.
>
> I'm attaching a file derived from reviewing 'git log' in blead since Feb 20, i.e., since the release of perl-5.25.10.  I examined the commit messages to see if they pertained to the subject of this ticket.
>
> Are there any other steps we need to take for this ticket before marking
> it 'Resolved' or, perhaps 'Pending Release'?

As far as I can tell, there's nothing further needing doing to blead to
support dotless-inc by default in 5.26.0 (apart from the perldelta entry,
which being handled in a separate thread).

So I'll close this ticket tomorrow unless anyone objects.

This is the last open 5.26.0 blocker ticket. Whoo hoo!

--
I don't want to achieve immortality through my work...
I want to achieve it through not dying.