develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2017

Test results for every module when removing '.' from @INC

From:
Ryan Voots
Date:
April 16, 2017 17:59
Subject:
Test results for every module when removing '.' from @INC
Message ID:
CA+sVJXmM33B170W144Ws56=7TW-c_mbP8p+wZjhs1dq3j66PPA@mail.gmail.com
I built a custom smoker to run through every dist referenced on cpan in the
index or as a dependency of another dist.  It's finally finished the first
run through and has identified 2996 that have issues with @INC.
http://cpan.simcop2387.info/failed.html has a quick list of all failed
dists.

Of the failures, 2096 appear to be caused by/related to Module::Install.

I've also produced a report for every author at
http://cpan.simcop2387.info/by_author/ and a list of how many dists failed
per author.  http://cpan.simcop2387.info/authors.txt I'd include it in the
email but it's rather large for that.

It should have all the relevant reports/logs to be able to report every
failure but I'm not sure of a good way to report this many of them.

There's also a gigantic 10MB page of every test result,
http://cpan.simcop2387.info/test.html but be careful it'll make your
browser hate you.

In the next few days I plan to rerun every failure to look for changes and
to clean up some of the general failures (failed regardless of the status
of @INC) by fixing up the most depended on modules and others that are easy
to deal with. There are a few that I know failed during some periods where
my internet went down and those'll also get cleared up by rerunning them.

The code I used to produce all this can be found at
https://gitea.simcop2387.info/simcop2387/treedeps .  There's two storable
files also in the repo that contain data about the tests: modcache.stor has
the entire dependency tree for cpan (excluding loops), everything.stor has
the high level test results and the order of how everything was tested.