develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2017

[rt.cpan.org #121074] valgrind errors in the test suite

From:
Paul Marquess via RT
Date:
April 11, 2017 16:44
Subject:
[rt.cpan.org #121074] valgrind errors in the test suite
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-6132-1491929038-1063.121074-6-0@rt.cpan.org

On Tue Apr 11 12:31:50 2017, khw wrote:
> I ran valgrind on every distribution that is part of the perl core.
> This one had several failures, attached.

Thanks for the feedback Karl.

All the failures valgrind has found are in the zlib source that I just copied from the main zlib-1.2.8 source distribution.

The has been a lot of work recently in the upstream zlib project to fix these type of issues. A new release of zlib (1.2.11) was made a few months ago that should address all of the valgrind issues.

Been waiting for the dust to settle on zlib 1.2.11 before I merge into my distribution.

cheers
Paul