develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from April 2017

Re: 5.25.11 might be unavoidable

From:
Leon Timmermans
Date:
April 5, 2017 22:01
Re: 5.25.11 might be unavoidable
Message ID:
CAHhgV8icHmbwoX8b4nFPg5nwomi8PUOM+d2EPSit5GVmxtuVBA@mail.gmail.com
On Tue, Feb 28, 2017 at 10:53 AM, Sawyer X <xsawyerx@gmail.com> wrote:
> 5.25.10 marked our full freeze (generally only allowing documentation
> patches) but there had been some changes we couldn't avoid. There are
> two additional changes that I think would warrant another development
> release:
>
> * Switching @INC change on by default. (This had been our intention anyway.)
>
> * Adding a warning in case of 'do', as was suggested in the thread mst
> raised[1].
>

> I think this calls for another development release: 5.25.11. This
> release will focus on these two changes. We might still product 5.26.0
> by April, but it might be pushed to May.
>
> Thoughts?

Given current rate of developments, a 5.25.12 might not even be a bad
idea. We're still not quite done dealing with the fallout of
no-dot-in-@INC. Without that I'm foreseeing a relatively long series
of release candidates.

Leon