develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2017

[perl #131070] Exporter doesn't check that the exported symbolsexist

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
March 28, 2017 12:41
Subject:
[perl #131070] Exporter doesn't check that the exported symbolsexist
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-12887-1490704860-135.131070-15-0@perl.org
On Tue, 28 Mar 2017 11:44:43 GMT, steve@yewtc.demon.co.uk wrote:

> This is a bug report for perl from steve@yewtc.demon.co.uk,
> generated with the help of perlbug 1.40 running under perl 5.24.1.

> [Please describe your issue here]
> Someone accidently deleted the first character of an entry in the
> @EXPORT array for one of our modules. Is was surprised that the
> code compiled successfully without warnings. Not even perlcritic
> in it's most severe level picked it up. I realise that it could be
> that the symbols could be created later with say AUTOLOAD, but that
> is probably a rare case. Most times something is in the @EXPORT
> array the elements should correspond to real subs or whatver.
> Probably there ought to be an Exporter option for  "scrict" mode
> - or something else. This happens with perl 5.10.1 and 5.24.1.

Can you supply more details or a short program that reproduces the problem?

Thank you very much.

--
James E Keenan (jkeenan@cpan.org)

---