develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from March 2017

[perl #131057] Perl on EBCDIC platform

From:
rwfranks @ acm . org
Date:
March 25, 2017 21:08
Subject:
[perl #131057] Perl on EBCDIC platform
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-3411-1490387615-504.131057-75-0@perl.org
# New Ticket Created by  rwfranks@acm.org
# Please include the string:  [perl #131057]

Recent versions of perldoc perlebcdic suggest that perl is once again a
practical proposition on EBCDIC platforms.

Some years ago I attempted to fulfil a CPAN RT request to add EBCDIC
support to Net::DNS.  This took such a long time to achieve that the
requester had by then disappeared.

The wreckage of that attempt is still present, although untested on real
hardware.  There is little point in it remaining there unless it works.

Please can you put me in touch with the owner such a beast who may be
willing to run the installation tests.

Regards

Dick Franks