develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2017

Re: [perl #130652] fail to return true loading .pm with <cr> EOL

From:
David Mertens
Date:
January 30, 2017 12:10
Re: [perl #130652] fail to return true loading .pm with <cr> EOL
Message ID:
CA+4ieYXqijZ4477gZDuk3BhCRFXACTPdc90gR+Pfx1eKM-UZtA@mail.gmail.com
As it is, heredocs would be broken for the OP, too, as would pod
directives. I don't think Perl needs to convert \r to \n, it just needs to
let \r represent end-of-line for syntax that expects significant whitespace.

David