develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2017

[perl #129848] heap-buffer-overflow Perl_sv_setpvn (sv.c:4910)

From:
Karl Williamson via RT
Date:
January 30, 2017 04:15
Subject:
[perl #129848] heap-buffer-overflow Perl_sv_setpvn (sv.c:4910)
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-31477-1485749722-65.129848-15-0@perl.org
On Fri, 14 Oct 2016 13:42:55 -0700, brian.carpenter@gmail.com wrote:
> I have a new test case that triggers this bug, plus some valgrind output
> and I have to say, I've never seen `Syscall param write(buf) points to
> uninitialised byte(s)` before:

There have been significant changes since this ticket was filed.  I just tried this case in blead with valgrind and got no problems.  This is the output

Useless use of anonymous hash ({}) in void context at -e line 1.
Bareword found where operator expected at -e line 1, near "0ÿ"
        (Missing operator before ÿ?)
Constant(0): $^H{integer} is not defined at -e line 1, at end of line
syntax error at -e line 1, near "0ÿ

--
Karl Williamson

---