develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2017

RE: [perl #130652] fail to return true loading .pm with <cr> EOL

From:
ROYAL, Ryan
Date:
January 28, 2017 01:15
RE: [perl #130652] fail to return true loading .pm with <cr> EOL
Message ID:
20008_1485468383_588A72DF_20008_18116_1_8cb4292f03164857991f64187fb798f5@US1-02DAG01-P04.central.mail.corp
Sure, see attached.

For some reason my Notepad++ "EOL Conversion" was set to Macintosh <CR> and this is what caused the bug (on a PC).

Setting the EOL to either Unix <LF> or Windows <CR><LF> fixed it.

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: James E Keenan via RT [mailto:perlbug-followup@perl.org]
Sent: Thursday 26 January 2017 3:52 PM
To: ROYAL, Ryan
Subject: [perl #130652] fail to return true loading .pm with <cr> EOL

On Thu, 26 Jan 2017 18:45:47 GMT, ryan.royal@airbus.com wrote:
> The EOL characters in .pm files needed to be converted from <CR> to
> <LF> in notepad++ before a true value could be detected by 'use'.
>
> Even though the package ended with a "1;"
>

> Thanks!
>
> =========================== OS ============================ Windows 7
> Enterprise Intel Xeon CPU
> 32 GB Ram
>

> ========================== code in Elem.pm
> ============================ package Nastran::Elem::CROD; use Moose;
>
> has 'id', is => 'ro';
> has 'forces', is => 'ro'; #array of arrays [SC, load]
>
> #make 'max_min_case' method specific to CROD elem_IDs sub max_case {
>             my $self = shift;
>             my @Sorted = sort { $a->[1] <=> $b->[1] } $self->forces-
> >@*;
>             return $Sorted[-1]->[0];
> }
>
> 1;
>
> ========================== version ===========================
> Strawberry Perl
>
> PS C:\Home\RRoyal02\MyPrograms\perl\bin> perl5.24.0 -v
>
> This is perl 5, version 24, subversion 0 (v5.24.0) built for MSWin32-
> x64-multi-thread
>
> Copyright 1987-2016, Larry Wall

Could you attach to this ticket (or attach to your email response) a small file created with Notepad that demonstrates this problem?

That will enable a better diagnosis of the problem.

Thank you very much.

--
James E Keenan (jkeenan@cpan.org)

This mail has originated outside your organization, either from an external partner or the Global Internet.

The information in this e-mail is confidential. The contents may not be disclosed or used by anyone other than the addressee. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised.
Airbus cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of this e-mail as it has been sent over public networks. If you have any concerns over the content of this message or its Accuracy or Integrity, please contact Airbus immediately.
All outgoing e-mails from Airbus are checked using regularly updated virus scanning software but you should take whatever measures you deem to be appropriate to ensure that this message and any attachments are virus free.