develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from January 2017

Re: [perl #130076] readline argument list is messed up

From:
Aaron Crane
Date:
January 3, 2017 20:19
Re: [perl #130076] readline argument list is messed up
Message ID:
CACmk_tuhgRBc1_E-bm0xT202yO9uJSTWBLvCQYQevsB3g7T3Tw@mail.gmail.com
James E Keenan via RT <perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote:
> Is this problem similar to that reported by sprout in https://rt.perl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=93992?

No — #93992 is about how Perl should handle subroutine declarations
that bear prototypes and/or attributes, when the subroutine has
already been defined without them. (Plus a few related cases.)

This ticket relates to the fact that the readline() builtin claims to
have the prototype ";*", but doesn't behave like user subroutines with
that prototype. Tickets #130077 and #130078 relate to similar issues
affecting eof() and getc() respectively. Accordingly, I've undone the
links between #93992 and these tickets.

FWIW, my recollection is that mauke was working on #130076 at the hackathon.

Thanks.

--
Aaron Crane ** http://aaroncrane.co.uk/