develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from December 2016

[perl #128427] perl does not build on Darwin platforms withclock_gettime

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
December 29, 2016 14:00
Subject:
[perl #128427] perl does not build on Darwin platforms withclock_gettime
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-3233-1483020039-894.128427-15-0@perl.org
On Thu, 08 Sep 2016 01:58:19 GMT, tonyc wrote:
> On Wed Sep 07 18:31:46 2016, jhi wrote:
> > On Tue Sep 06 10:48:17 2016, dcollinsn@gmail.com wrote:
> > > The code in question has been modified in more recent versions of
> > > Time-HiRes, for example, to use PERL_DARWIN_MUTEX. Are these
> > > changes
> > > sufficient?
> > > http://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/commitdiff/c4a535af41823cc84534bf8dbecfdcc3eb7daa86
> > >
> > > If not, the patch from Misty may have been overwritten when the new
> > > version of Time-HiRes was brought into blead (is it cpan-
> > > upstream?).
> > > Jarkko, have you had a chance to look into the issues you
> > > identified?
> >
> > The latest versions of T-H should be all good in all known versions
> > of
> > OS X.  Sierra, whatever.
> > If they are not, new bug reports should be filed.  As far as I know,
> > this one can be closed.
>
> The issue is more building 5.24 on Sierra, is there a minimal fix for
> the build
> issue which can be backported to 5.24?
>
> Tony

Tony, Jarkko, Dan:  Can you advise where we stand on this ticket?

Thank you very much.

--
James E Keenan (jkeenan@cpan.org)

---