develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from December 2016

[perl #130068] setproctitle() support for DragonFly

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
December 29, 2016 13:48
Subject:
[perl #130068] setproctitle() support for DragonFly
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-5517-1483019294-600.130068-15-0@perl.org
On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 23:05:36 GMT, jkeenan wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Nov 2016 19:29:16 GMT, peter@theshell.com wrote:
> > This is a bug report for perl from peter@theshell.com,
> > generated with the help of perlbug 1.40 running under perl 5.24.1.

> > [Please describe your issue here]
> > DragonFly has the same setproctitle() support that FreeBSD has, so
> > mg.c needs to be patched to include DragonFly (#ifdef __DragonFly__).
> >

> 1. Do you know if there is someone who is the designated "Perl 5
> maintainer" for DragonflyBSD?
>
> 2. Is there someone who is capable of smoke-testing Perl 5 blead on
> this OS, and/or is capable of running a CPANtesters operation for
> DragonflyBSD?
>
> I ask these questions because any patch to the hints file will need to
> be confirmed as not causing harm.
>
> We know that we (Perl 5 Porters) are already not doing a great job on
> testing the long established BSDs (Free, Open, Net), but at least in
> two of those three cases we know whom to call.
>
> Any leads you can provide would be appreciated.  Thank you very much.

No responses in over a month.  Marking ticket stalled.

--
James E Keenan (jkeenan@cpan.org)

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open