develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from December 2016

Re: [perl #130393] h2xs: Support for _Bool/stdbool.h?

From:
Stefan Tauner
Date:
December 28, 2016 23:24
Re: [perl #130393] h2xs: Support for _Bool/stdbool.h?
Message ID:
20161228144032.4fd40126@tauner-w510
On Wed, 28 Dec 2016 05:37:04 -0800
"James E Keenan via RT" <perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Dec 2016 06:00:21 GMT, tauner@technikum-wien.at wrote:
> >
> > h2xs -x booltest.h
> > So this might be a bug in C::Scan (which I have installed via cpanm
> > from HVDS/C-Scan-0.74)?
> >

> What happens if you do not use the '-x' option and thereby avoid
> C::Scan?
>
> (When I did that, 'make' completed -- but since I've rarely attempted
> to write XS I don't know whether that's meaningful or not.)

Yes, then it succeeds because the functions are not wrapped at all :)
I don't know if that's on purpose or a bug, but I presume the former.
I have no idea how it can be used without that though. Maybe to just
prepare a skeleton package...

KR
--
Dipl.-Ing. Stefan Tauner
Research and Development

University of Applied Sciences Technikum Wien
Hoechstaedtplatz 6, 1200 Vienna, Austria
T: +43 1 333 40 77-316
E: stefan.tauner@technikum-wien.at
I: embsys.technikum-wien.at
I: www.technikum-wien.at