develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from December 2016

[perl #121727] Bleadperl breaks MLEHMANN/AnyEvent-7.07.tar.gz onWindows

From:
Sawyer X via RT
Date:
December 27, 2016 11:11
Subject:
[perl #121727] Bleadperl breaks MLEHMANN/AnyEvent-7.07.tar.gz onWindows
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-28296-1482837107-1622.121727-15-0@perl.org
On Tue, 06 Dec 2016 14:19:11 -0800, jkeenan wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Apr 2014 18:15:49 GMT, chorny wrote:
> > This is a bug report for perl from alexchorny@gmail.com,
> > generated with the help of perlbug 1.40 running under perl 5.19.11.

> > [Please describe your issue here]
> >
> > Tests of AnyEvent fail on Strawberry Perl 5.19.11. This error did not
> > appear on 5.18.2 and earlier.
> >
> > t/handle/01_readline.t:
> > 1..8
> > ok 1 - A line was read correctly
> > ok 2
> > ok 3 - initial lines were read correctly
> > AnyEvent::Handle uncaught error: A non-blocking socket operation
> > could
> > not
> > be completed immediately. at t/handle/01_readline.t line 76.
> > # Looks like you planned 8 tests but ran 3.
> > # Looks like your test exited with 140 just after 3.
> >

> This RT has been open for 2-1/2+ years.  According to
> http://matrix.cpantesters.org/?dist=AnyEvent, AnyEvent version 7.13 is
> PASSing steadily on mswin32, including, most recently, this report
> from Chorny, who originally opened this ticket:
>
> http://www.cpantesters.org/cpan/report/3ddfe2f2-6bf4-1014-b95a-
> 2450d4098b66
>
> In addition, there was a lot of discussion of other issues in the RT
> -- discussion not specific to AnyEvent and discussion not resolved.
>
> How shall we proceed?

I think we should resolve this issue and start either a thread or a ticket to continue this discussion. The breakage doesn't exist any longer (considering the test reports), but the greater issue of how to handle these codes (not expressed in the topic of this RT ticket) has yet to be determined.

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open