develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from December 2016

Re: Should we bring in Module::Runtime into core?

From:
Sawyer X
Date:
December 15, 2016 11:54
Re: Should we bring in Module::Runtime into core?
Message ID:
df3a847c-26ab-706f-4697-f8cd2df59a2c@gmail.com

On 12/13/2016 04:15 AM, Ricardo Signes wrote:
> * Sawyer X <xsawyerx@gmail.com> [2016-12-08T06:31:31]
>> I would like to then ask the following question: How plausible is it to
>> "fix" Module::Load, considering people might expect its heuristic behavior?
> I have made a very hasty pass at this.  The correct fix, I believe, is to add a
> load_module routine that does the same things as load(), but never guesses
> at whether the user means a file or a module.  This needs a bit more work,
> at least, but it might already be mostly correct.
>
> It's in the branch rjbs/module-load-module and this is the commit:
>
>   https://perl5.git.perl.org/perl.git/commitdiff/39b99316be07230d9e6fbc148d370772f1b873a6

Nice work!

I'm not familiar enough with Module::Load's internals to review the
patch in earnest.

Perhaps it would be easier to submit this in an RT ticket?