develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2016

Re: hv.h hek definition

From:
demerphq
Date:
November 3, 2016 07:38
Re: hv.h hek definition
Message ID:
CANgJU+VgkCmdrqC19cSDwuFdVR-H8AiuCttp5nm+6F=u3FFcAg@mail.gmail.com
On 3 November 2016 at 01:21, Tony Cook <tony@develop-help.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 24, 2016 at 05:45:22PM +0200, demerphq wrote:
>> Well I have pushed the patch. I dont think it should matter, and if we
>> find it does then we can tweak it further, or revert if necessary.
>
> Unfortunately this broke the build on HP-UX.
>
> SV keys are stored as pointers in hek_key:
>
> #define HeKEY_sv(he)            (*(SV**)HeKEY(he))
>
> #define HeKEY(he)               HEK_KEY(HeKEY_hek(he))
>
> #define HEK_KEY(hek)            (hek)->hek_key
>
> So setting/fetching a SV key produced a bus error early in the build
> (when running configpm) since PA-RISC requires aligned access.
>
> Reverting d3148f758506efd28325dfd8e1b698385133f0cd fixed the problem,
> which I've pushed to blead for now.

Er, reverting under this type of situation is not that helpful, even
if gets things building again. If we want to try another iteration of
this issue then we will just have to do another "shot in the dark" and
hope it doesnt break HP-UX.

Better I think would be if you could please try unreverting and change
the hek_flags field to U32, so we at least know if that fixes the
alignment problem you have just revealed.

Thanks,
yves