develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from November 2016

Re: [Encode] 2.87 released!

From:
Steve Hay via perl5-porters
Date:
November 1, 2016 17:59
Re: [Encode] 2.87 released!
Message ID:
CADED=K5znxJO5Vy=gbSc9j4zTvBLFfJYaoamUN8y15Xc5vLdyg@mail.gmail.com
On 1 November 2016 at 17:42,  <pali@cpan.org> wrote:
> Hi Steve!
>
> Sorry, but I cannot reproduce 3. That test ext/XS-APItest/t/utf8.t
> passes and even it does not use Encode...
>
> Can you provide steps to reproduce problem 3?

Sorry, I hadn't realized, but this test is failing for me even without
the Encode upgrade.

So as far as Encode goes we should be good to go with a 2.08 release
including the fixes for 1 and 2 that Dan already committed.

> Btw, how it is possible that you got compile failures? Encode 2.87
> passed all compile & unit tests on all perl versions 5.8 -- 5.24, see:
> https://travis-ci.org/dankogai/p5-encode/builds/171292122

Presumably the compiler used by Travis isn't a picky one like MS
Visual C++ (which I use), which doesn't allow code before declarations
(C89-style).