[perl #129826] Invalid read of size 8 in S_parse_body (perl.c:2166)when argv ends with --

From:
Tony Cook via RT
Date:
October 27, 2016 00:19
Subject:
[perl #129826] Invalid read of size 8 in S_parse_body (perl.c:2166)when argv ends with --
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-11358-1477527535-1823.129826-15-0@perl.org
> Noticed by valgrinding Inline::Perl5 which embeds perl in Perl 6.
> I failed to reproduce the valgrind output with just running perl
> because probably valgrind thinks the -- is part of its own command
> line.

Looking at this a bit more closely, I suspect this is a bug in Inline::Perl5

For perl -e 0 --, argv and argv contain the following:

argc = 4

argv[0] = "perl" # or something similar
argv[1] = "-e"
argv[2] = "0"
argv[3] = "--"
argv[4] = NULL # Inline::Perl5 doesn't appear to do this bit

Tony

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open