[perl #129953] lib/locale.t: Test failures and segfaulting onFreeBSD-11 and -12

From:
Dan Collins via RT
Date:
October 24, 2016 19:37
Subject:
[perl #129953] lib/locale.t: Test failures and segfaulting onFreeBSD-11 and -12
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-5143-1477337829-1883.129953-14-0@perl.org
And the attached is a successful attempt to reproduce the failure in pure C code. If someone can confirm that the attached code should /not/ be crashing, we can submit the bug report to upstream.

Note that the attached does not actually segfault - but ASAN sees the bug anyway. I'm not sure if this is the access that is actually segfaulting - I'd have to rebuild perl without ASAN to find out - but I bet it's related. The segfault was originally with the locale 'ja_JP.eucJP', which I think is being skipped now?

--
Respectfully,
Dan Collins