Re: perlnewmod: module-starter and ExtUtils::MakeMaker?

From:
Joseph Brenner
Date:
October 23, 2016 04:01
Re: perlnewmod: module-starter and ExtUtils::MakeMaker?
Message ID:
CAFfgvXUj2tKLLRxsY=ucREqPffPGS+25WbWZ=eP_P3KEh=COZg@mail.gmail.com
>See http://shadow.cat/blog/matt-s-trout/mstpan-11/ for one set of opinions on the current field.

Thanks, that more-or-less agrees with my impression.  I'm gravitating
toward Dist::Milla + MBT myself, but I remain mildly, let's say
annoyed, that the situation is still a bit up-in-the-air.    The
history of this stuff from my point of view:  I used EU::MM until it's
maintainer said that it sucked, and pointed us at MB, I used MB until
*it's* maintainer said that it sucked and pointed us... no where in
particular, but back to EU::MM by default.

I was just reviewing what David Golden was saying about all this back
in 2013, and I have to say it still seems peculiar to me... MB was
great because it led to stuff like MBT  (so we should use MBT?  No:
he won't quite go there).  His big gripe about working on MB was the
need to be backwards compatible to EU:MM in some ways... and so the
solution is we all go back to using EU::MM?