Re: perlnewmod: module-starter and ExtUtils::MakeMaker?

From:
Joseph Brenner
Date:
October 23, 2016 04:01
Re: perlnewmod: module-starter and ExtUtils::MakeMaker?
Message ID:
CAFfgvXWXxeZK3XqGS+YoucepaJpA7b8w6g_tA+fPG5N_NKepXQ@mail.gmail.com
>I don't think there is a single clear story, and that's OK.  TMTOWTDI. We can present alternatives and let users decide.

I'm afraid I disagree there-- the current situation is mildly
confusing to me, and I already know my way around.   I think it's one
more thing that's at least potentially discouraging to beginners.

If we're going to say "TMTOWTDI", then at a minimum, perlnewmod should
explain the major ways of doing it along with their pluses and minuses
for various circumstances.

Currently perlnewmod endorses ExtUtils::MakeMaker for new module
authors.  Everyone okay with that?  See no problems?