Re: perlnewmod: module-starter and ExtUtils::MakeMaker?

From:
James E Keenan
Date:
October 22, 2016 20:21
Re: perlnewmod: module-starter and ExtUtils::MakeMaker?
Message ID:
20161022202137.26440.qmail@lists-nntp.develooper.com
On 10/22/2016 01:05 PM, Andy Lester wrote:

>> On Oct 20, 2016, at 10:39 PM, Joseph Brenner <doomvox@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Just to be clear, I understand that lots of things would work,
>> including h2xs and ExtUtils::MakeMaker, I just think there
>> should be a single, clear story you can tell to new CPAN
>> authors.
>
> I don't think there is a single clear story, and that's OK.  TMTOWTDI. We can present alternatives and let users decide.
>
> module-starter (which I created long ago but no longer maintain) is a fine choice to create a distribution from scratch.  It includes no maintenance features, but it gets the job done simply and with relatively little knowledge necessary.

And even before there was module-starter, there was
ExtUtils::ModuleMaker and associated command-line utility 'modulemaker',
created by Geoff Avery and maintained by me.