Re: perl5.git.perl.org gitweb shortlog problem

From:
demerphq
Date:
October 21, 2016 19:48
Re: perl5.git.perl.org gitweb shortlog problem
Message ID:
CANgJU+WWGxvrBU1q9CAVfWNZ4TeJ1fc6GZN1mtH5G8xdR1ja-w@mail.gmail.com
On 21 Oct 2016 9:36 p.m., "Craig A. Berry" <craig.a.berry@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 12:25 PM, Dennis Kaarsemaker
> <dennis@kaarsemaker.net> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2016-10-21 at 08:41 -0500, Craig A. Berry wrote:

> >> Yikes.  Sometimes it's a lot of work to send the blame upstream :-).
> >> Thanks for taking care of this.

> >> Speaking of blame, will git blame return to gitweb when you upgrade,
> >> or is that too prone to getting your server clobbered?
> >>

> > Yves was convinced it wasn't needed anymore, "as there are now better
> > ways to do blame" (paraphrased. Forgot the exact wording).
> >
> > If you or someone else actually uses it, I'll bring it back after
> > implementing throttling.
>
> I do use it, and I'm not aware of any way to do archive diving that is
> more convenient and that  I can get to from anywhere without needing a
> local repository.  I might just be ill-informed, though.  So no big
> rush, but I find it a very nice feature to have.

The github mirror has blame.  Is there a reason you don't like it?  Is the
mirror not up to date enough?

Yves