Re: perl5.git.perl.org gitweb shortlog problem

From:
Dennis Kaarsemaker
Date:
October 21, 2016 17:25
Re: perl5.git.perl.org gitweb shortlog problem
Message ID:
1477070741.3428.1.camel@kaarsemaker.net
On Fri, 2016-10-21 at 08:41 -0500, Craig A. Berry wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 4:17 PM, Dennis Kaarsemaker
> <dennis@kaarsemaker.net> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2016-10-19 at 09:38 -0500, Craig A. Berry wrote:

> > > Looks like this happened again.  Has anyone looked into making our
> > > customized gitweb behave with current git?
> >

> > This was caused by me trying to get to the bottom of this. In the
> > process I managed to modify our customizations so gitweb can always be
> > upgraded with git (yay!).
> >
> > Unfortunately, that didn't fix it. Turns out to be a bug in git, for
> > which I have now sent a patch to the git mailinglist.
> > http://public-inbox.org/git/1476908699.26043.9.camel@kaarsemaker.net/
>

> Yikes.  Sometimes it's a lot of work to send the blame upstream :-).
> Thanks for taking care of this.
>
> > Should all be hunky dory again, and once this is fixed I will upgrade
> > git and gitweb.
>

> Speaking of blame, will git blame return to gitweb when you upgrade,
> or is that too prone to getting your server clobbered?

Yves was convinced it wasn't needed anymore, "as there are now better
ways to do blame" (paraphrased. Forgot the exact wording).

If you or someone else actually uses it, I'll bring it back after
implementing throttling.

D.