Re: perl5.git.perl.org gitweb shortlog problem

From:
Dennis Kaarsemaker
Date:
October 19, 2016 21:17
Re: perl5.git.perl.org gitweb shortlog problem
Message ID:
1476911823.26043.11.camel@kaarsemaker.net
On Wed, 2016-10-19 at 09:38 -0500, Craig A. Berry wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 6, 2016 at 3:58 AM, Dennis Kaarsemaker
> <dennis@kaarsemaker.net> wrote:
> > Git automatically gets upgraded there, but gitweb not as there are some
> > customizations in it.
> >
> > Smells like a compatibility issue between new git and old gitweb. I
> > downgraded git, and it works again. Will poke at it a bit more later
> > this week.
>
> Looks like this happened again.  Has anyone looked into making our
> customized gitweb behave with current git?

This was caused by me trying to get to the bottom of this. In the
process I managed to modify our customizations so gitweb can always be
upgraded with git (yay!).

Unfortunately, that didn't fix it. Turns out to be a bug in git, for
which I have now sent a patch to the git mailinglist.
http://public-inbox.org/git/1476908699.26043.9.camel@kaarsemaker.net/

Should all be hunky dory again, and once this is fixed I will upgrade
git and gitweb.

D.