Re: Perl 5.24.1-RC4 is now available!

Michael Schroeder
October 17, 2016 09:32
Re: Perl 5.24.1-RC4 is now available!
Message ID:
On Sat, Oct 15, 2016 at 06:52:59PM +0200, Sawyer X wrote:
> This took a long time, but we're finally here!

Hmm, it still contains the INC mess. I thought there was some
consensus to revert it back to the 5.24.0 state?

See the "Alternative Fix for dot-in-INC mechanic." p5p
thread. As stated there, the current code punishes those cases where
the old code was perfectly safe, and leads to unpredictable
behavior in the problematic cases (when %{"$base\::"} is not empty).

I don't see how you can ship that as a maintenance update.

Michael Schroeder
SUSE LINUX GmbH,           GF Jeff Hawn, HRB 16746 AG Nuernberg