[perl #117223] Remove IO::File example from perlfunc

From:
Dan Collins via RT
Date:
October 6, 2016 00:51
Subject:
[perl #117223] Remove IO::File example from perlfunc
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-29264-1475715102-1974.117223-15-0@perl.org
On Sun Oct 19 16:14:17 2014, jkeenan wrote:
> On Mon Oct 13 10:10:53 2014, khw wrote:
> > I'm reopening this so that the issues raised in
> > http://blog.nu42.com/2014/10/why-was-documentation-for-single.html
> >
> > can be resolved
>
> I've read that blog post a couple of times.  It has been revised in
> light of the comments posted to it.  Ed Avis pointed to the section of
> 'perldoc -f open' that addressed the concerns raised in the blog post.
> So I think this RT can be closed again.

Agreed, and one-arg open() is documented in blead ("As a shortcut a one-argument call takes the filename from the global scalar variable of the same name as the filehandle:")

Un-warnocking and closing resolved.

--
Respectfully,
Dan Collins