develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2016

Re: [perl #129345] perlmod doc bug wrt package scope

From:
Zefram
Date:
September 24, 2016 21:57
Re: [perl #129345] perlmod doc bug wrt package scope
Message ID:
20160924215654.GA533@fysh.org
via RT wrote:
>Does not mention that package scope ends at next package statement.

It doesn't: the next package statement produces a nested package scope.
The two scopes happen to have the same end point, so it's just a bit
difficult to discern.

>my() variable scopes cross package statement boundaries.

Nested again.  You have a package scope inside a my scope inside a
package scope.

-zefram