develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from September 2016

Re: perl5.git.perl.org gitweb shortlog problem

From:
Dave Mitchell
Date:
September 7, 2016 12:19
Re: perl5.git.perl.org gitweb shortlog problem
Message ID:
20160907121935.GA5494@iabyn.com
On Tue, Sep 06, 2016 at 10:58:15AM +0200, Dennis Kaarsemaker wrote:
> Git automatically gets upgraded there, but gitweb not as there are some
> customizations in it.
>
> Smells like a compatibility issue between new git and old gitweb. I
> downgraded git, and it works again. Will poke at it a bit more later
> this week.

Don't know whether its related, but the repository appears to be running
extremely slow right now. About 2 hours ago it took ~1H for me to push a
signle commit - the ssh process was mainly stuck waiting in selects or
reads on the socket connected to perl5.git.perl.org, and now fetches are
failing:

    $ time git fetch
    ssh: connect to host perl5.git.perl.org port 22: Connection timed out

    and the repository exists.

    real	2m7.323s
    user	0m0.007s
    sys	0m0.010s

--
The optimist believes that he lives in the best of all possible worlds.
As does the pessimist.