develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from August 2016

Re: [perl #129075] perl Perl_mess_sv() memory corruption

From:
Karl Williamson
Date:
Re: [perl #129075] perl Perl_mess_sv() memory corruption
Message ID:
3954a294-e07d-c73e-9fda-15c9d90d1f54@khwilliamson.com
On 08/25/2016 07:50 PM, riusksk via RT wrote:
> 在2016-八月-25 07:16:34 星期四时,dcollinsn@gmail.com写到:
>> This appears to be a very complicated duplicate of RT #129027. This
>> one spews debug output for about 30 seconds, and it doesn't actually
>> segfault for me.
>>
>> It's a null deref, the pointer is correctly zeroed and then
>> incorrectly used (it's dereferencing 0x21 because that's the offset
>> into the struct), so not a security bug. My patch in that ticket
>> should also fix this, but I'm not sure because I can't actually repro.
>

> ok,thx, close it.
>
> ---
> via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open
> https://rt.perl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=129075

Instead of closing it, I merged it into #129027.  You will then get
notified when that gets fixed, and if your issue isn't actually fixed by
that, this can be reopened.