develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from August 2016

Re: Alternative Fix for base.pm dot-in-INC mechanic.

From:
Aristotle Pagaltzis
Date:
Re: Alternative Fix for base.pm dot-in-INC mechanic.
Message ID:
20160825034403.GA23422@plasmasturm.org
* Father Chrysostomos <sprout@cpan.org> [2016-08-24 16:12]:
> Are you suggesting that we revert the changes to base.pm in the maint
> branches back to what 5.24.0 shipped with (no '.' handling)?
>
> That is a viable option.

I would be happier with that than any version of the patch.

> Either that or Aristotle's proposed way of mitigating the damage that
> the current situation is causing. But what we have currently is too
> problematic.

I don’t think even the scope guard proposal is non-problematic enough,
nor my meagre improvement to it. I was just trying to do what I can to
limit any problems as long as some version of the patch was set to ship.
If leaving base.pm unchanged is an option, I would much rather do that.

Regards,