develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from August 2016

[perl #128856] DirHandle: Improve test coverage and providedescriptions

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
August 22, 2016 13:32
Subject:
[perl #128856] DirHandle: Improve test coverage and providedescriptions
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-29312-1471872737-294.128856-15-0@perl.org
On Mon Aug 15 05:47:57 2016, jkeenan wrote:
> On Sun Aug 14 19:07:47 2016, tonyc wrote:
> > On Fri Aug 05 16:17:41 2016, jkeenan wrote:
> > > The coverage of DirHandle provided by tests in lib/DirHandle.t is poor
> > > and none of the individual tests have descriptions.
> > >
> > > The patch attached provides full statement, branch, condition and
> > > subroutine coverage and provides descriptions for all tests.
> > >
> > > Please review, particularly with respect to VMS and other edge cases.
> >
> > +ok($aadot->DESTROY, "'DESTROY' method returns true value");
> >
> > We don't want to care about the return value of the DESTROY method.
> >
> > You don't explicitly test $dh->open("unknown"), nor reading from,
> > rewinding, closing such (which probably needs a no warnings "io" in
> > each sub.)
> >
> > Tony
>
> Attaching second patch with tests for these cases.

Tony C:  Does the second patch address your concerns?

Thank you very much.

--
James E Keenan (jkeenan@cpan.org)

---