develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from August 2016

[perl #128954] small improvements for Hurd's hints

From:
Dominic Hargreaves
Date:
August 15, 2016 23:50
Subject:
[perl #128954] small improvements for Hurd's hints
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-16711-1471305002-966.128954-75-0@perl.org
# New Ticket Created by  Dominic Hargreaves
# Please include the string:  [perl #128954]

Please find attached two patches from one of the Debian Hurd maintainers, Pino Toscano. He says:

"I have a couple of patches to improve Perl on Hurd:

(a) hurd-malloc.diff
This enables the malloc wrap also on Hurd, as used on Linux already;
Perl's own test suite passed with it, and I see no reason to diverge
from=20the behaviour on Linux and kFreeBSD. I'm not sure whether it
affects the ABI though, so it might be safe only for the upcoming perl
5.24 in experimental (since that breaks the ABI anyway)

(b) hurd-glibc-version.diff
This improves the reporting of the GNU libc used, so it's shown in
`perl -V` (as libc= value, instead of the currently empty string).
"