develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from August 2016

[perl #128856] DirHandle: Improve test coverage and providedescriptions

From:
Tony Cook via RT
Date:
August 15, 2016 02:07
Subject:
[perl #128856] DirHandle: Improve test coverage and providedescriptions
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-19395-1471226867-1327.128856-15-0@perl.org
On Fri Aug 05 16:17:41 2016, jkeenan wrote:
> The coverage of DirHandle provided by tests in lib/DirHandle.t is poor
> and none of the individual tests have descriptions.
>
> The patch attached provides full statement, branch, condition and
> subroutine coverage and provides descriptions for all tests.
>
> Please review, particularly with respect to VMS and other edge cases.

+ok($aadot->DESTROY, "'DESTROY' method returns true value");

We don't want to care about the return value of the DESTROY method.

You don't explicitly test $dh->open("unknown"), nor reading from,
rewinding, closing such (which probably needs a no warnings "io" in
each sub.)

Tony

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: new