develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from August 2016

Re: [perl #128800] base.pm broken in Perl 5.24.1 rc2

From:
Chris Travers
Date:
Re: [perl #128800] base.pm broken in Perl 5.24.1 rc2
Message ID:
CAKt_ZfsWrn=3oFB0qxCCL=c-M_5xHi4=uktO6GVPd07U0vmdOA@mail.gmail.com
On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 8:08 AM, Father Chrysostomos via RT <
perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote:

> On Tue Aug 02 21:53:07 2016, chris.travers@gmail.com wrote:
> > There are also, as it occurs to me, a number of things that could be
> > done to make these sorts of changes (even if you insist on moving to
> > nebulous software contracts) far more tolerable to developers.  These
> > include:
> >
> > 1.  A real effort to make the failure cases transparent.
>
> That was my complaint in ticket #128769.

Great :-)

> >  For example,
> > failing to require without . you could check the current directory for
> > the file and warn if it exists.
>
> Which is exactly the change I have made to base.pm.  Something like my
> patch will be included in 5.24.1 proper.

Also good news!

--
Best Wishes,
Chris Travers

Efficito:  Hosted Accounting and ERP.  Robust and Flexible.  No vendor
lock-in.
http://www.efficito.com/learn_more