develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from August 2016

[perl #128800] base.pm broken in Perl 5.24.1 rc2

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
August 3, 2016 06:08
Subject:
[perl #128800] base.pm broken in Perl 5.24.1 rc2
Message ID:
rt-4.0.24-9748-1470204524-594.128800-15-0@perl.org
On Tue Aug 02 21:53:07 2016, chris.travers@gmail.com wrote:
> There are also, as it occurs to me, a number of things that could be
> done to make these sorts of changes (even if you insist on moving to
> nebulous software contracts) far more tolerable to developers.  These
> include:
>
> 1.  A real effort to make the failure cases transparent.

That was my complaint in ticket #128769.

>  For example,
> failing to require without . you could check the current directory for
> the file and warn if it exists.

Which is exactly the change I have made to base.pm.  Something like my patch will be included in 5.24.1 proper.

--

Father Chrysostomos

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open