develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from August 2016

[perl #128800] base.pm broken in Perl 5.24.1 rc2

From:
Sawyer X via RT
Date:
August 2, 2016 16:47
Subject:
[perl #128800] base.pm broken in Perl 5.24.1 rc2
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-3515-1470156452-849.128800-15-0@perl.org
Chris, while I understand the objections you have and I appreciate this adds possible complications for you, I think you're missing background and you are making incorrect assumptions.

You are both making assumptions on us not considering things you have (surprise, we have...) and on how easy it would be to solve the problem the way you suggest - which ignores backwards compatibility assurance, different security mechanisms across a multitude of operating systems and file systems, and even code complexity relating to magical entries in @INC.

I intend to reject this ticket unless I find a reasonable objection.

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open