develooper Front page | perl.perl5.porters | Postings from August 2016

Re: [perl #128788] Can't turn off "does not map to Unicode" warnings

From:
Alex Vandiver
Date:
Re: [perl #128788] Can't turn off "does not map to Unicode" warnings
Message ID:
20160801003625.0cfa6dc6@thraddash.chmrr.net
On Mon, 1 Aug 2016 07:44:26 +0100
Zefram <zefram@fysh.org> wrote:
> Hakon Haegland wrote:
> >( Note: I first tried to send this as a followup to [perl #88592], but I
> >got reply from
> >bugs-correspond@bugs6.perl.org : "Could not find a ticket with id 88592" )
>
> Probably because it's not a Perl 6 bug.  That email address looks like
> it's specific to Perl 6.

That email address works with anything in rt.perl.org, which
includes both perl5 and perl6 -- but the bug you're referencing is on
rt.cpan.org, which has its own bug numbers.  You'd have needed to
email bug-Encode@rt.cpan.org.

But I'm also the person who pops up halfway into that ticket.  The test
I provided, and the solution it arrived at, looks to not have affected
the `open(..., "<:encoding(utf-8)") codepath, only the Encode::encode
ones.  So the latest Encode does not actually resolve that bug.
 - Alex

[1] https://github.com/dankogai/p5-encode/pull/57/commits/07c8adb5