[perl #128782] perlport hard to read with platform names followingfunction description

From:
l.mai@web.de via RT
Date:
July 31, 2016 11:00
Subject:
[perl #128782] perlport hard to read with platform names followingfunction description
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-28487-1469962846-277.128782-15-0@perl.org
On Sat Jul 30 16:00:25 2016, craig.a.berry@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 30, 2016 at 4:40 PM, l.mai@web.de via RT
> <perlbug-followup@perl.org> wrote:
> > On Sat Jul 30 14:37:13 2016, mauke- wrote:
> >>
> >> I think it would be better if the list of platforms preceded each
> >> paragraph.
> >
> > Patch attached. Comments?
>
> Remind me to teach you VMS so you can no longer use it as an example
> of "may be irrelevant to you" ;-).  Otherwise looks great.  Why did it
> take us 20+ years to figure this is a better way to present it?

Now pushed as d23c3b6f313e8b73b1.

I'll just use it as an example of "may be relevant to you", then--you'd still have to read to the end to find out. :-)

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open