Re: [perl #128774] Signal handlers aren't honoured at END time

From:
Leon Timmermans
Date:
Re: [perl #128774] Signal handlers aren't honoured at END time
Message ID:
CAHhgV8h=wc8hmR9f7TsrcXdTc-ULcmK2atUMeN2Zc4UO=dEH0w@mail.gmail.com
On Sat, Jul 30, 2016 at 6:47 AM, Zefram <zefram@fysh.org> wrote:

> The change is to unhook at the C level all Perl signal handlers before
> interpreter destruction.  There's a valid rationale for that, but it's
> happening too early.  It shouldn't happen before END blocks, in which
> everything in the interpreter is still operable and the Perl language is
> still expected to be well behaved.

Agreed.

> It could happen just before global
> destruction, or just after.

I would argue before. Global destruction is unpredictable enough as it is,
adding signals to that will only make it worse. I think that in the
non-object phase it might even segfault because the CV doesn't exist
anymore. One could argue to unhook it right after global object destruction
(so well before global non-object destruction) though.

Leon