Re: The great pl2bat unification

From:
ilmari
Date:
Re: The great pl2bat unification
Message ID:
d8jd1ly824s.fsf@dalvik.ping.uio.no
Zefram <zefram@fysh.org> writes:

> Leon Timmermans wrote:
>>Does this sound like a plan? Any feedback/objections?
>
> I approve of the factoring.  But isn't there a rule that ::Tiny modules
> aren't allowed to depend on anything non-core?

It's not so much a rule as a guideline.  Module::Build::Tiny depends on
several non-core modules already, including ExtUtils::Helpers,
ExtUtils::InstallPaths and ExtUtils::Config.

> If you're to obey that, it implies that ExtUtils::PL2Bat would have to
> be cored, which would not otherwise be required.  I don't think we've
> ever used this as a justification for coring a module before.  Would
> it have been cored anyway?

This was answered in the original email:

>> I'm planning to convert all three users in reverse order (first MBT,
>> then MB, and then pl2bat). The last step would obviously mean it
>> would become included in the core distribution.

pl2bat is win32/bin/pl2bat.pl

--
"I use RMS as a guide in the same way that a boat captain would use
 a lighthouse.  It's good to know where it is, but you generally