[perl #128747] base/lex test 41 failure under "make minitest" insome platforms

From:
Father Chrysostomos via RT
Date:
July 28, 2016 00:16
Subject:
[perl #128747] base/lex test 41 failure under "make minitest" insome platforms
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-7615-1469664968-476.128747-15-0@perl.org
On Wed Jul 27 16:16:41 2016, jhi wrote:
> > (1) the test fails only on a seemingly random selection of platforms:
> > AIX 5 on PPC, Debian on PPC, and Solaris on Sparc.  While passing
> > fine
> > on e.g. Solaris on x86, and Ubuntu on x86.  [*]
>
> The CPU may not be a red herring, given that James Keenan is seeing
> the same in darwin/ppc.
>
> PPC... Sparc...  Endianness?  Are we storing the line number somewhere
> and then reading it through a wrong cast, or something?
>
> Trying to think when did I last test all these platforms ... I am not
> certain ... but quite certain all worked at 5.24.0.

As I noted in ticket #128753, it was commit 6745174b561.

This is getting confusing, so I am going to merge the tickets, since the failures they describe (though in different tickets) are the same (line numbers screwy after s//<<end/e).

--

Father Chrysostomos

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open