[perl #128747] base/lex test 41 failure under "make minitest" insome platforms

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi via RT
Date:
July 27, 2016 23:16
Subject:
[perl #128747] base/lex test 41 failure under "make minitest" insome platforms
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-3454-1469661402-1331.128747-15-0@perl.org
> (1) the test fails only on a seemingly random selection of platforms:
> AIX 5 on PPC, Debian on PPC, and Solaris on Sparc.  While passing fine
> on e.g. Solaris on x86, and Ubuntu on x86.  [*]

The CPU may not be a red herring, given that James Keenan is seeing the same in darwin/ppc.

PPC... Sparc...  Endianness?  Are we storing the line number somewhere and then reading it through a wrong cast, or something?

Trying to think when did I last test all these platforms ... I am not certain ... but quite certain all worked at 5.24.0.

---
via perlbug:  queue: perl5 status: open