[perl #128753] t/comp/parser.t: heredoc-related failures onDarwin/PPC

From:
James E Keenan via RT
Date:
July 27, 2016 18:53
Subject:
[perl #128753] t/comp/parser.t: heredoc-related failures onDarwin/PPC
Message ID:
rt-4.0.18-32457-1469645569-1786.128753-15-0@perl.org
On Wed Jul 27 09:41:10 2016, jkeenan wrote:
> Prompted by Jarkko's reports of failures in t/base/lex.t during 'make
> minitest' (https://rt.perl.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=128747), I
> ran 'make minitest' for the first time ever and confirmed his failures
> reports for Darwin/PPC.  I then ran a regular 'make test_harness' on
> that machine and was surprised to see failures in both t/base/lex.t
> and t/comp/parser.t.
>
> I reconfigured and rebuilt and got the following 5 failures in
> t/comp/parser.t:
>
> #####
> cd t && ./perl harness -v comp/parser.t && cd -
> not ok 172 - after here-doc in quotes
> not ok 173 - first line of interp in here-doc
> not ok 174 - second line of interp in here-doc
> not ok 175 - first line of interp in second here-doc on same line
> not ok 176 - second line of interp in second heredoc on same line
> #####
>
> I know that 'make test' ran successfully on this machine when I went
> to install 5.24.0.  I'm fairly certain that I built and tested blead
> on this machine about a month ago.  Hence, my suspicion is that these
> failures are due to whatever work has recently been merged into blead
> related to heredocs.
>
> With the same build as above I am also getting a test failure in
> t/base/lex.t even outside of 'make minitest':
>
> #####
> cd t && ./perl harness -v base/lex.t && cd -
> ok 40
> not ok 41
> ok 42
> #####
>
> This is the same failure as reported by Jarkko in RT #128747, so the
> problem is not confined to 'make minitest'.  I stress again that this
> failure is new; all tests for the installation of 5.24.0 passed.
>
> Thank you very much.
> Jim Keenan

I have built both perl-5.25.2 and perl-5.25.3 on Darwin/PPC.  I can confirm that *neither* of these test failures occurs in *either* of those tags.  Hence, I infer that the test failures have been introduced since perl-5.25.3.

Thank you very much.
--
James E Keenan (jkeenan@cpan.org)

---